Everyone has always thought that since I love to cook, I must really enjoy meal prepping. False. I do not enjoy spending 3+ hours on my day off to make my lunch for the week. When I do meal prep, I do it for several reasons: 1) To save money, 2) I know exactly what goes into my recipes, and can control exactly what goes into my mouth, and 3) I don’t have to worry about lunch for the rest of the week.
However, even I don’t always have (or make) the time to meal prep. I’m sure many of you are thinking, “I don’t have time either!”
Let me introduce you to Eat Well Nashville – a local meal prep service in Music City, that’s affordable, healthy, and delicious. Did I mention they deliver? THEY FREAKING DELIVER.
I pondered for several weeks on what I should get my mom and grandma for Mother’s Day. My grandma is 87 – naturally, she has everything. She doesn’t want or need more “stuff.”
My mom has been living with grandma for several months now, due to my mom’s knee surgery recovery + broken leg, and being in out of a wheelchair. Yes, my 87 year old grandma is her daughter’s care taker right now (my grandma is kind of a bad ass, in case you didn’t know). It’s been hard on both of them the past few months.
I decided what better gift could I give other than homemade meals? It saves my grandma time, money, and energy. As much as I would love to cook for both of them, realistically, I do not have time. I decided to give EWN a try, and ordered 10 meals as a Mother’s Day gift for my grandma… I thought my mom and grandma could both use them!
What I like about Eat Well Nashville:
– All meals are listed online with nutritional facts. My mom is on a low sodium diet, and the nutritional facts were essential in choosing what meals I picked!
– There are 2 delivery days a week, depending on your zip-code.
– Food arrives on your doorstep fresh, and hot, in a tote. These are not frozen meals!
– Meals last 4-5 days, so you can order a week’s worth.
– They have a wide range of vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, Whole 30, and Paleo options.
The meals I choose were an assortment of:
– Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice and Vegetable Medley
– Brazilian Marinated Beef with Cauliflower Rice and Zucchini
– Grilled Romaine and Chicken
– Whole 30 Chicken Fajita Bowl
My grandma made me try one of the meals, and I ate the Brazilian Beef with Cauli Rice and Zucchini. It was DIVINE, and also filling.
10/10, would recommend. If you are pressed for time, not good at cooking, or just want a break from meal prepping… try out Eat Well Nashville.
To save 10% off your order – Use the code “goodafeats” at checkout! My gift to you!
– xoxo, Amber