My family has used the same deviled egg recipe for years. A family friend of ours passed the BEST deviled egg recipe down to us, and I LOVE it. There are so many variations out there (the ones with vinegar should be banned), but the recipe we share is my absolute favorite. It’s based with mayo and sour cream, and bacon. I didn’t have mayo or sour cream on hand recently, so I thought, “Why not ranch?”
Lemme tell ya – the experiment was a hit. I told my friend I’d bring her some to try and ended up eating the rest for breakfast this morning (sorry, Megan, #noregrets). This one is different from our original Southern recipe. It’s actually creamier!
These are obviously high in protein and keto-friendly. They’re the perfect appetizer for any occasion – parties, dinners, or a snack for yourself!
Makes 12 egg bites
TIP: If you don’t have an egg cooker, I highly recommend one! They cook eggs effortlessly in 12 minutes.
4-5 tbsp ranch (Just-Ranch brand)
1 tsp minced onion
2 tsp prepared mustard
4 dashes of hot sauce (I used Tapatio)
Few dashes of garlic powder
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Boil your eggs. You want them to be a hard-boil.
2. As soon as eggs are finished boiling, remove from heat, and place in a large bowl of ice water for 5 minutes (they will peel MUCH easier).
3. In the meantime, mix ranch, onion, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
4. After eggs have cooled off, carefully peel them and discard the hard shell pieces.
5. Slice your eggs in half, long ways. Remove yolks, and place the yolks in the mixing bowl with your ranch mixture. Set the sliced eggs aside.
6. Mash yolks and cream into ranch mixture. You want it to have the smoothest consistency possible.
7. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop mixture into each hard-boiled egg cup.
8. Top with paprika, olives, and/or bacon to garnish!
Let me know if you made these and what you thought! Tag your pics on Insta @goodAFeats! xoxo, Amber