When it’s cold and gray outside, I want a meal that’s comforting, filling, and hearty. Winter is the perfect time of year for chili, stews, and soups – not just because of the freezing temps, but because more people are coming down with colds or the flu too.
Whether you’re feeling fine, or getting ill, this soup is sure to warm you right up, and is packed full of nutritious and fibrous foods to keep you healthy. 1 cup of leafy kale has 4.5x the amount of Vitamin C found in spinach. So, skip your usual Chicken Noodle Soup, and give this recipe a try. Let’s boost those immune systems!
This recipe is Whole30, and Paleo friendly!
Hearty Chicken, Kale, and Potato Soup
3 tbsp butter (real or vegan)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 chicken tenders, frozen
3 carrots, sliced rounds
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 russet potatoes, diced
1 tsp Italian seasonings
1/8 tsp ground sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups kale, torn in pieces
1. In dutch oven or large pot, add butter, and warm to medium heat. After 2-3 minutes, add diced onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion softens.
2. Add garlic to onion mixture. Stir.
3. Add chicken stock and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Occasionally stir.
4. Once it has boiled, add chicken, carrots, celery, and potatoes. Turn down to medium heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork. Shred your chicken with a fork once it has finished cooking.
5. Add all seasonings in stir.
6. Stir in kale and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted (the kale should be a kelly green).
7. Remove from heat and serve immediately!
Did you make this and love it? Post a picture and tag @goodafeats on Insta!