It’s the holiday season, and no matter where you look, you’re in a society filled with sugar and candy. Why not make your own, and know exactly what ingredients go into what you’re eating? I’ve got the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet cravings. These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter bars are essentially homemade Reese’s.
These are grain-free, paleo, and vegan, and no bake!
When you’re shopping for the chocolate chips, just make sure you’re looking for over 50% cacao, and that the ingredients list does NOT say, “contains milk.” When selecting peanut butter, find a brand that has one ingredient – PEANUTS! Many stores grind up pb themselves and sell it.
“Reese’s” Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Makes 20 bars
1 c + ½ c natural, unsalted peanut butter
½ c pure maple syrup
½ c coconut flour
1 c (8 oz) dairy-free chocolate chips
1 tbsp wildflower honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine 1 cup of peanut butter, coconut flour, and maple syrup. Spread even layer of pb mixture in pan. Place in freezer for ten minutes.
3. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in saucepan over low heat. Stir in honey and mix well.
4. Remove pb pan from freezer, and pour chocolate mixture on top. Spread evenly.
5. Place in fridge for at least an hour.
These last up to two weeks in the fridge!